Even just a quick glance at any news outlet will confirm that COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind. As we all experience school closures, event cancellations, and disruptions, it’s certainly understandable.
First, the MetaMed Marketing team wants to express our sympathy and genuine concern for anyone dealing with the virus itself. Your health and safety, and the health and safety of loved ones, is of primary importance.
Second, we want to assure all stakeholders that MetaMed remains fully operational in support of clients. While we share everyone’s concerns, we’re also grateful that the day-to-day work of digital marketing is largely performed remotely. Arguably, digital communications have an even more vital contribution now, as practices and patients seek information virtually due to real-world disruptions.
We want to encourage everyone to stay informed, to stay safe, and to be proactive. Consider that this time may offer unique opportunities for productivity that would otherwise be unavailable. Practices might alter their physical office space with minimal disruption to patients. Or they may be more focused to review important processes and policies. Likewise, digital marketing initiatives are remotely actionable. While we will soon all overcome this COVID-19 chapter, we hope our practice partners come out of it with a stronger foundation. To that end, here are some helpful ideas, many of which require no vendor involvement:
- Freshen up website content, address, and phone numbers
- Review website copy or design
- Fill in photo gallery case details, edit images, upload new photo cases
- Update CMS pages (blogs, news and events, job boards)
- Update HIPAA privacy policies
- Update staff images, biographies, CVs, associations
- Audit social media, website, or other digital marketing channels independently or with help of professional providers
- Update Google My Business pages
- Update news, events, or cancellations of planned events
- Have industry professionals provide educational webinars
Time consumed with worry is time lost. As we soon move past disruptions from COVID-19, we hope all of our practice partners are suitably positioned—as opposed to playing catch-up.
Lastly, we want to simply say that our clients and industry colleagues have become family. We genuinely care about them and their well-being. We will all get through this uncertain time—but for now, we sincerely remain here to help.
Brent Cavender, Ali Kouros, and the MetaMed Team
Brent Cavender is a co-founder of MetaMed Marketing. He heads up business development and marketing for MetaMed where he is the organization's chief practice educator and primary point of contact.